A reader and writer for most of her life, Marie first came to Aspen Words as a participant at Summer Words. After witnessing the confidence and skills the program instilled in herself and those around her, she started volunteering for Aspen Words, helping to facilitate the publishing consultations and other aspects of the conference.
Before joining AW, Marie was based in Minneapolis, working as a support coach with creatives and other writers, and as a freelance editor and beta reader. She co-founded a successful business, helping people downsize their homes and transition into different phases of their lives.
Always looking for a reason to move to the mountains and be involved in Aspen Words, she packed up and headed west to join our team as Program Assistant. Welcome, Marie!
1. What are a few of your all-time favorite books?
- Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner
- Slouching Towards Bethlehem by Joan Didion
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Snows of Kilimanjaro & Other Stories by Ernest Hemingway
2. What four authors (dead or alive) would you invite to a literary dinner party?
- William Faulkner
- Joan Didion
- Jane Austen
- Leo Tolstoy
3. What’s your favorite film or television adaptation of a book?
- No Country for Old Men
4. What books are on your nightstand now?
- H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald
- Today Will Be Different by Maria Semple
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
5. If you could be one character from literature, who would it be?
- Jane Eyre
Categorised in: Staff Reads
This post was written by Caroline Tory