In keeping with Aspen Words’ commitment to the local community, AWN was formed to provide mutual support and networking opportunities for writers and aspiring writers in the Roaring Fork Valley.
AWN is geared towards advanced writers seeking to take the next step in their writing and/or to further their professional careers. It also provides a networking group for encouragement, support, camaraderie, and inspiration. Click here for more info on the 2017 AWN Meetings.
If you live in the Roaring Fork Valley and have a serious commitment to writing, the Aspen Writers’ Network is the group for you! Quarterly meetings feature exceptional writer-focused content to foster connections and bring stimulating programming to members. AWN members also enjoy priority access or reduced admission to other popular Aspen Words programs.
Membership in AWN is $135/year. For more information, or if you are interested in becoming a member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Four meetings per year, with refreshments and speakers.
- Access to the AWN Facebook group, which will serve as a resource for writers as well as a place for writing groups and informal gatherings to form organically.
- Monthly AWN Newsletter with information on local literary events, writerly news, and other writer-focused content.
- Use of Third Street Center (Carbondale) office for a quiet writing space.
- Discounts on Winter Words passes.
- Discounts on Summer Benefit dinner tickets.
- Invitations to Aspen Words members-only receptions.
- Informational meetings with literary agents, editors, or authors as available.
Meetings in 2017 will include an inspirational publishing and writing talk with debut author, Marcia Butler; a meeting with an agent or editor at Summer Words; a fall writing workshop; and an opportunity for networking amongst local writers.
Set It Free: Getting Your Manuscript Ready for the World
October 7, 2017 | 9am – 12pm
Third Street Center, Carbondale
MORE INFO | REGISTER
End of Year Networking Event in December – exact date TBD
Publishing Tips from Debut Author Marcia Butler
May 22, 2017 | 5:30 – 7 pm
Basalt Regional Library
Featuring author Marcia Butler
Members will discuss the process of finding a literary agent, the discipline of writing, the flow of first draft to final manuscript, and the fluidity of creativity throughout all the arts.
June 20-22, 2016 | Afternoon appointments TBD
The Gant in Aspen
Featuring representatives from the top publishing houses and literary agencies. Click here for bios. In April, AWN members will receive more information on how to sign up for a private consultation and submit work.