In keeping with Aspen Words’ commitment to the local community, AWN was formed to provide mutual support and networking opportunities for writers and aspiring writers in the Roaring Fork Valley.
AWN is geared towards advanced writers seeking to take the next step in their writing and/or to further their professional careers. It also provides a networking group for encouragement, support, camaraderie, and inspiration. Click here for more info on the 2016 AWN Meetings.
If you live in the Roaring Fork Valley and have a serious commitment to writing, the Aspen Writers’ Network is the group for you! Quarterly meetings feature exceptional writer-focused content to foster connections and bring stimulating programming to members. AWN members also enjoy priority access or reduced admission to other popular Aspen Words programs.
Membership in AWN is $135/year. For more information, or if you are interested in becoming a member, please email email@example.com.
- Four meetings per year, with refreshments and speakers.
- Access to the AWN Facebook group, which will serve as a resource for writers as well as a place for writing groups and informal gatherings to form organically.
- Monthly AWN Newsletter with information on local literary events, writerly news, and other writer-focused content.
- Use of Third Street Center (Carbondale) office for a quiet writing space.
- Discounts on Winter Words passes.
- Discounts on Summer Benefit dinner tickets.
- Invitations to Aspen Words members-only receptions.
- Informational meetings with literary agents, editors, or authors as available.
Meetings in 2016 will include a publishing “state of the industry” talk, a meeting with an agent or editor, a writing workshop, and an opportunity for networking amongst local writers.
Year-End Networking Party
December 8, 2016 | 6pm-8pm
Marble Distilling Co | 150 Main St, Carbondale
We invite all AWN members to join us in celebrating another great year of the Aspen Writers’ Network. Connect with other members around your work and writing aspirations for 2017. More programming information to come.
October 8, 2016 | 9am-12pm
Basalt Library | 14 Midland Ave, Basalt
*Highly discounted for AWN Members
Any time you write fiction, whether it’s about elves or elephants or eligible bachelors, you’re creating an imaginary world and asking the reader to believe in it. But what makes a world believable? The author of the #1 New York Times bestselling Magicians trilogy, will teach you how to make your fictional worlds feel vivid, compelling and real.
June 21-23, 2016 | Afternoon appointments TBD
The Gant in Aspen
Featuring representatives from the top publishing houses and literary agencies. Click here for bios. In April, AWN members will receive more information on how to sign up for a private consultation and submit work.
March 1, 2016 | 6:30-8pm
BB’s Kitchen in Aspen
Featuring literary agent Stephanie Cabot