In keeping with Aspen Words’ commitment to the local community, AWN was formed to provide mutual support and networking opportunities for writers and aspiring writers in the Roaring Fork Valley.
AWN is geared towards advanced writers seeking to take the next step in their writing and/or to further their professional careers. It also provides a networking group for encouragement, support, camaraderie, and inspiration.
If you live in the Roaring Fork Valley and have a serious commitment to writing, the Aspen Writers’ Network is the group for you! Quarterly meetings feature exceptional writer-focused content to foster connections and bring stimulating programming to members. AWN members also enjoy priority access or reduced admission to other popular Aspen Words programs.
Membership in AWN is $135/year. For more information, or if you are interested in becoming a member, please email email@example.com.
- Four meetings per year, with speakers.
- Access to the AWN Facebook group, which will serve as a resource for writers as well as a place for writing groups and informal gatherings to form organically.
- Monthly AWN Newsletter with information on local literary events, writerly news, and other writer-focused content.
- Discounts on Winter Words passes.
- Discounts on Summer Benefit dinner tickets.
- Invitations to Aspen Words members-only receptions.
- Informational meetings with literary agents, editors, or authors as available.
Quarterly meetings in 2018 will include a writer-focused talk; a one-on-one meeting with an agent or editor at Summer Words; a fall writing workshop; and an opportunity for networking amongst local writers. Detailed event information will be available soon.
Learn the essentials of crafting compelling dialogue in a one-hour workshop presented by award-winning novelist Tiffany Quay Tyson, who will join us via Skype from Denver, where she teaches at Lighthouse Writers Workshop. The session will include lots of practical advice as well as hands-on exercises.
June 19-21, 2018 | Afternoon appointments TBD
The Gant in Aspen
Featuring representatives from the top publishing houses and literary agencies. In April, AWN members will receive more information on how to sign up for a private consultation and submit work.